Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Rare Desert Beauty.

Fish River Canyon, Namibia.

A single flower blooming
in the desert, solitary,
in stark naked splendour 
it called out to me.

Had I never seen it
how disappointed I would be,
this small blaze of colour
and delicate symmetry.

Other travellers simply ignored it
or perhaps just couldn't see.
Will they always hurry
and miss each flowering desert beauty?

This small flower blooming
on a canyon's rocky rim,
a remarkable part of Nature's plan
not merely random whim.

Should a single flower bloom
in the desert, solitary:
were we to not observe it,
would it still be a rare beauty?


Wildflower, Damaraland, Namibia.

Whenever I think back about my three visits to Namibia I see desert flowers again.

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Laëtitia said...

Hello!

What an amazing blog, I discovered while doing research about L.A.
I tried to join you a few times without any answer so I try one more time, hoping you'll see my message!

I know you went to photograph the bunker on Hollywood Hills, but I can't find the pictures on your blog.
And also, I wanted to know where it was, as you proposed to tell people the exact address ( on the L.A. Times I think ).

Thanks a lot!

Location Vacances Sicile said...

Hey!
A single flower photo is so beautiful, I really like it,Thanks for sharing these useful information! Hope that you will continue doing nice article like this.